Savory Pumpkin Pie
Here is an old home-based village dish that was the Sunday meal a generation ago. .
- 3-3 Β½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 scant tsp. salt
- 1 cup hot water
- ΒΌ cup Greek extra virgin northern olive oil
- 3 Tbs. northern Greek red wine vinegar
- 4-6 Tbs. northern Greek olive oil, for brushing phyllo and pan
- 1 large leek, well-washed and finely chopped
- 1 kilo (2 lbs.) pumpkin, seeds removed, peeled and cut into thin pieces.
- 1 Tbs. dried mint
- Β½ cup crumbled feta
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Β½ cup milk, scalded
- 3 large eggs